Friday, February 6, 2009

"Forgive me, madam, for taking up so much of your time."

I've fallen behind. Mom sent a bunch of pictures, but there wasn't narrative to go along with the pictures. For the record, Mom and Dad have been to the following:

Stourhead
Winchester Cathedral
Portchester Castle

I will post one picture from their field trip to Stourhead, because it makes me feel all kinds of wistful. If you remember this:


You'll probably recognize this:


In addition to being a major tourist site, it is where Mr. Darcy proposed to Elizabeth in the rain (and got rejected). Apparently all the girls were very psyched. She sent a few of this site. I made one of the pictures my desktop here at home (my desktop at work has the photo I used for the blog's title box. Mom takes some good photos).

Here is another she took at Stourhead. Mom said every time you turned around, you wanted to take a picture.


Oh, and Mom and Dad have a tip for anyone who wants to go see a movie at Whitely's in London. If your ticket says the movie starts at 8 PM, and you're there and nobody else is, it's because the locals know that you'll be watching 30 minutes of ads before the movie actually starts.

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite scene in this movie! And I love that Becky got to go there. Of course I'd love it more if I was there too - but alas, I'll have to dream it. Thanks for keeping us posted on the happenings of the Durhams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom really does take nice pictures. There will be some good ones for framing when she gets home.

    ReplyDelete