Saturday, January 10, 2009

People, Places, and Cookies


Mom and Dad are busy everyday of the week it seems. With all the fun things to do in London, it isn't hard to keep yourself occupied. Here is a snippit..from their Saturday afternoon:


Dad and I went to Crypt and Trafalgar one day. Today (yesterday now) we went to the Natural History Museum and had hot chocolate at the Hummingbird Bakery which dad discovered when he came here in October. Of all the times I'd been to London I had never set foot in the Natural History museum and so this was fun. We shouldn't have come on a Saturday altho it was fun to see the thousands of kids swarming around. We'll come back again to see the actual Darwin exhibit on a weekday. We stopped at Kensington High Street and I bought a cookie at Ben's which made me think of Laura and Lis. We went into Whole Foods and dad bought some granola. It's kind of a Harrod's Food Court for yuppies. We came out and it was snowing and then when we came out at Nottinghill people were demonstrating.

Last time we were all in London together, mom took Laura and I to Ben's Cookies. It was super special then, because there wasn't one at the Gateway at the time. And for awhile, the one at Gateway was the only one in the US. So mom suggested we each choose a cookie, and then we'll all share them so we can taste a variety. So we ordered our separate cookies and mom held all three of them and asked us "Which one do you want to be your resident cookie?"

For some reason Laura and I found that very funny. You may, you may not. But it's a good memory.

As for the "demonstrating" mom referenced, there were quite a few Palestinian protesters in London and she took pictures. So stay tuned for those.

1 comment:

  1. Nice. Thanks for posting Lis. That resident cookie thing is still hilarious to me. I'm still waiting for someone to set me up for that line.

    ReplyDelete