Thursday, January 8, 2009

Getting Settled

This blog is for my parents who moved to London for the next six months. And for you. It's purpose is to keep family and friends informed of their whereabouts in Britain, how they're doing and what they're doing.

Tom and Becky are teaching a BYU semester abroad. I get a lot of questions about them, and although they would love to email everyone personal messages about how they are, it's just not possible, so I thought a blog could be somewhat of a solution. I will post whatever pictures I have permission to post and whatever stories they feel appropriate to share. Hopefully this can be an easy way for all of you to keep in touch with them as well, and send them little messages via the comment section.

It's only been a week since they've left, but they seem to be settled. The picture that accompanies the blog title is the street where they live. Here are some pictures of their flat at the BYU London Centre:


Mom said something about that fireplace and how the fake fire actually gives off a lot of heat. So that's nice.

Apparently Mom already made a few purchases:


Nice purchases, Mom. I think the kids will love playing with those. I especially like the wooden Loch Ness Monster -- I think that's what it is.

I actually don't have permission to make this public yet, so we'll see what Mom says.

4 comments:

  1. Mom has so many wooden toys...that if there were a house fire, they would bring the place down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did they find those toys? Man I wish I had seen them, Eli would love to eat some of that wood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks absolutely charming! What a great way to stay in touch. Thanks Laura! I wish I was there with them....maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Laura,

    You're Dad looks very erudite and British in that photo.

    ReplyDelete